I’m Sam Mills, age 21. I’m in the final year of a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Business double degree at Swinburne University, majoring in Journalism and Marketing respectively. It has been my dream to pursue a career in journalism ever since a drama project in grade 3, where I essentially played the role of my inspiration Eddie McGuire in a re-creation of ‘The Footy Show’.
While sport is my favourite interest, I also enjoy writing and talking about music, politics, transport, history, and even more generally, pop culture.
I currently contribute to these media organisations:
- Melbourne Victory – Producing written content for the club’s website across the A-League, W-League and E-League. Assisting in social media operations.
- Crocmedia – Panelling sports matches and events over the weekends out of the Crocmedia studios.
- The Roar – Producing and narrating videos for The Roar TV based on sports news and events while also contributing opinion articles.
- Frankston Dolphins Football Club – Assisting in the production of online content from video to social media updates through the 2018 & 2019 VFL seasons.
- SYN – A panellist and presenter of programs on SYN 90.7
- Football Victoria – Commentating various National Premier League matches from senior men’s, to under 21’s, to women’s
I have also held positions as part of the host broadcast team at the Australian Open from 2017-2019, and the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast.
In addition to these roles, I also manage these social media accounts:
- Eklektor – A recently launched Youtube channel focusing on pop culture (with a strong focus on music) with a view to evolving into a website.
- Eklektor Sport – A project I started in 2008 involving the upload of sports preview and review videos to YouTube. Formerly known as SportsGalore.
- thatSAMkid – A YouTube channel I run that showcases a lighter (some would say angrier) side of me.