I’m Sam Mills, age 21. I’ve just completed a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Business double degree at Swinburne University, majoring in Journalism and Marketing respectively. It has been my dream to pursue a career in journalism ever since a drama project in grade 3, where I essentially played the role of my inspiration Eddie McGuire in a re-creation of ‘The Footy Show’.
While sport is my favourite interest, I also enjoy writing and talking about music, politics, transport, history, and even more generally, pop culture.
I currently contribute to these media organisations:
- Melbourne Victory – Producing written content for the club’s website across the A-League, W-League and E-League. Assisting in social media operations.
- Crocmedia – Panelling sports matches and events over the weekends out of the Crocmedia studios.
- Baseball Australia – Creating written and social content for the Australian Baseball League.
- The Roar – Producing and narrating videos for The Roar TV based on sports news and events while also contributing opinion articles.
- SYN – A panellist and presenter of programs on SYN 90.7
- Football Victoria – Commentating various National Premier League matches from senior men’s, to under 21’s, to women’s
In the past I have also had content published by Fox Sports Media Academy, AFL Draft Central, Frankston Dolphins Football Club, SBS Radio, BigFooty News, The Standard, UniPollWatch, The Armchair Selector and Football Nation.
I also held positions as part of the host broadcast team at the Australian Open from 2017-2020, and the 2018 Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast.
A copy of my CV is available here: SAM MILLS RESUME
Here is my latest radio demo: